Wednesday 5 September 2012

Stila in the light palette


Guess what I bought...
If you follow me on Instagram (xgeorgia... go on, you know you want to!) then you will have seen that I took various photos of the ordering and delivery process of this special item, sad I know but I was so excited! And the other day I was sitting in my room, avoiding uni work and watching Sabrina the Teenage witch on Youtube, the usual! And there was a knock at the door, the postman was standing there presenting me with a Feel Unique box and I could have kissed him! (Although... he is quite old, he may have been scared, so good job I contained myself!) 

So after that long introduction (just skip down to here if you don't want to be bored!) this post is going to be a first thoughts/review as I've been experimenting with it lots since I got it!

Stila say:

'The new In the Light palette is a beautiful collection of Stila's award-winning eye shadows in wearable, neutral shades for every skintone that can be worn wet or dry.
The palette also includes an exclusive Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner in Damsel, a matte chocolate brown, and a 6-page lookbook with detailed how-to tips and tricks.' (stilacosmetics.com) 

I say:
  • All of the colours are so pretty, and there is a good selection of shimmery shadows and matte ones. I can imagine I will be using this palette for every day makeup as well as night out makeup! The only colour I'm not overly fond of is Night sky, the dark blue one because I feel like blue eyeshadow is a bit out there for the likes of me... but who knows I may live on the edge and try it!

  • Getting the eyeliner in with the palette is soooo handy and really good value because it's full size and worth around £13 on it's own, and the whole palette is £25! It's such a good quality eyeliner, and when it says no smudge, it means it! I really struggle to find an eyeliner that I can wear under my eye or on my waterline that will stay put for more than five minutes! I don't know if I have extra watery eyes or something but I always end up with very unattractive smudging before long! But this eyeliner literally lasts all day, even when applied under the eye! 

  • I like the packaging, it's not too big so could easily be kept in my handbag and I like the little quote printed on the underside of the palette but a mirror would have been handier!

  • Overall I am really liking this palette so far, I'm very glad I bought it and I am going to try a night out look this saturday and perhaps I'll let you know how fares under extreme conditions!
You can order the Stila In the Light Palette from the Feel unique website for £25 with Free Delivery!

They also stock the In the Garden Palette and the In the Moment Palette!

Some good YT tutorials using the palette!




Thanks for reading!

Georgia 






7 comments :

  1. Your blog is lovely !
    xManon

    Will you please check out my blog sometime? You can follow me if you like !

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great post, i love all the swatches!

    from helen at www.thelovecatsinc.com // @thelovecatsinc

    ps. i've just launched a brand new giveaway where you can win a MAC lipstick and a set of 5 models own polishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've entered your giveaway, so generous of you! xx

      Delete
  3. I love this palette! It's one of my favourites xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so nice isn't it! I was reading lots of reviews saying that people preferred this to the Naked palette! And it's cheaper too! xx

      Delete
  4. Oh, how cool is that? I didn't knew it...

    Loving your blog :)
    Followed, would you check mine?

    http://sundaydresses.blogspot.co.at

    xxx

    eve

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Feel free to tweet me too @georgiabeeee :) x

Share this post