Friday 29 June 2012

Bubblegum Lip Scrub


Hellooo!
I bought this product ages ago and was slightly confused by it. 
I loved the smell and the concept was great as it really gently scrubs the lips and also leaves them feeling soft and moisturised and ready for lipstick. However when I first bought this I couldn't work out how to use it... I'm not an idiot, promise! So, I put it on, scrubbed away and then had a sugary mess covering my lips (and occasionally chin) and was left searching around my room for make up wipes to remove the mess, thinking; there must be an easier way! Even when I thought I'd removed it all I'd find some across my cheek or in my hair a bit later...

But this was entirely my own stupidity because when I logged on to the Lush website and searched for this, I discovered through a handy video (here) that it is actually edible! So you are just meant to lick it off your lips when you're done!

Amazing!

I'm now a great lover of it and would like to rant and rave about it as much as possible, so here you go...


Scent: You know when you give your Snow Fairy Shower Gel a sniff and its so lovely and you get the sudden urge to taste it, and then you look on the label and it advises you not to and you feel all disappointed... (just me?) Well this is the solution. 
(I also experience this with body shop body butters, anyone else?)



Effectiveness: Lush says that it 'Clears dead skin and flakiness from lips, leaving them moisturised and smooth. Lip scrubs are made from castor sugar to act as a gentle scrub and jojoba oil to be wonderfully moisturising but light enough not to leave you feeling greasy.' 

I'd agree with the scrubbing part, it does leave my lips slightly smoother. It's not rough and I don't think it would work well to remove skin on very dry or chapped lips but for average day to day use, it does what it says.

Also it does leave a nice moisturised feel but I personally don't find this enough to prep my lips for lipstick, I still apply lip balm before hand.



Value: It is £4.95 for a 25ml pot and you don't have to use much at all. The amount I have on my finger in the above picture is probably as much as I'd use in one go, so I think this is going to last me a lifetime... or until the expiry date, which is 2013.


 So all in all I think it's fair to say I'm a fan of this product! 

They also sell this is Mint and Chocolate!

Have you tried Lush's Lip Scrub?
Which flavour is your fave?

Thanks for reading :)

Georgia



Thanks Lukasz!

2 comments :

  1. I really want to try this, unfortunately, lush is rare in France :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a shame! Can you order online?
      Thanks for commenting
      xx

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! Feel free to tweet me too @georgiabeeee :) x

Share this post