Monday 8 October 2012

Guest-ober 2 | Laura's All Made Up


Hello! 
I was super happy when I received a message asking if I would
like to do a guest post on this blog. So thank you Georgia :) 
Any of you who do already read my blog will know that I LOVE nail varnishes! 
So I just had to include them in my post. Hope you like it... 

So now Autumn is here, Winter will be just around the corner.
Frosty mornings, nights in by the fire, Ugg boots & winter coats, not to mention all 
the festivities, including Bonfire Night and of course Christmas!
Personally I love the A/W seasons, and the fashion and colours that come with it.
So I wanted to share with you my top 5 nail colours for winter...

Nails Inc - Reeves Mews 032
This is probably the brightest shade out of my top 5. 
I picked this colour because it is similar to the colour of our Christmas Tree.
I would describe it as a light Teal shade. The formula is thick and applies well to 
the nails, giving opaque coverage with as little as one coat! 
This was part of my the Nails Inc Catwalk Collection which I posted here.
This retails for around the £11 mark, similar to all Nails Inc polishes.

MUA - Frozen Yoghurt 
I bought this as soon as it was released on MUA's website. 
It's a pretty lilac-blue shade. Although I'm not too sure why it's called
Frozen Yoghurt? I've never seen a lilac yoghurt.
Unfortunately the MUA nail polish brushes aren't the best, so you 
do have to put a good couple of coats of the polish on to get a good finish. 
But just look at the colour you end up with.. Definitely worth just £1! - Link

L'Oreal Colour Riche - You are worth it 617.
This gorgeous nude-grey shade reminds me of frost/ice/slush.
I'd never tried any L'Oreal polishes before this one, but I'm so glad I did!
I love the bottle, its almost like a miniature because it's so petite and slimline. 
But all this just adds to the sophisticated appearance.
This literally applies like a dream! With a wide, flat brush, opaque in just one coat! 
For me they are a little pricey at £4.99 each, but definitely worth it :)

No 7 - Violetta 70
This is a beautiful deep navy blue shade with purple undertones.
Everything about this polish is just luxurious and classy.
The thing I love most about the No7 polishes is that they glide on the nail so easily.
They have a wide, flat brush and an easy to hold bottle shape. 
You really would only need one coat of this to give the desired finish. 
Although they're a little pricey at £7, Boots occasionally do a £5 off No7 voucher.

Sally Hansen Insta-Dri - Teal-y Fast
Once again, this polish reminds me of Christmas trees. 
This is a multi-tonal Teal colour with a metallic effect finish. 
It was released as part of the Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Fall Collection 2011.
It applies completely opaque with as little as one coat, similar to a lot of metallic polishes.
I love the shape of these bottles too. Available on Amazon for just £2.49!


If you'd like to see Part 1 of my Top 10 Nail Varnishes for A/W....
Click the image below to take you to my blog. 
http://laurasallmadeupbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/
Laura's blog


Thank you for reading and I hope you've enjoyed this post.
& Another Thank You to Georgia! 


7 comments :

  1. Hi Georgia!

    Thanks for posting, just one thing, I've noticed that the Autumn image at the bottom of the post the link hasn't worked properly. Could you link it to this post please when you get 5 mins :) ;

    http://laurasallmadeupbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/top-10-autumnwinter-nail-varnishes-part.html

    Thank you,
    Laura xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics Laura, I love that teal colour from Nails Inc! Heading over to check out your blog now :-)

    Vanessa x
    www.vanessaeves.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. great post!beautiful.
    really nice blog.wanna follow each other???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post, I looovveee MUA frozen yoghurt!
    Jo xo

    paintedglitter.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in love with the loreal colour riche polishes! They have such good formulas, loved this post!xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. im so not usually a blue nails girl but I love all these shades!!!
    Nicole
    xox

    http://ramblingbeauty-nicolelou.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Feel free to tweet me too @georgiabeeee :) x

Share this post