Monday 15 October 2012

Guest-ober 3 | Georgia loves



Hi girls! I’m Georgia and I blog over at Georgia Loves about all things beauty. Being a huge skincare fanatic I thought I’d write this guest post on the skincare products that I really can’t live without.

 My Skincare Heroes

(l-r) Champneys Super Rich Cleansing Balm, Alpha H Liquid Gold, Clarins Blue Orchid Oil, REN Vita- Mineral Day Cream, Emma Hardie Moringa Cleansing Balm & Balance Me Rose Otto Intensive Lip Salve

My skin isn’t anywhere near as nice as I’d like it to be so I’m always trying to perfect my skincare routine and I spend much more on skincare than I do on makeup...far too much actually! For reference my skin is normal with no dryness or oiliness, but it is prone to dehydration and my chin and cheeks are quite congested. What I look for in a skincare routine is a mixture of products that can prevent wrinkles, fade scars and reduce breakouts and blackheads.

Champneys Super Rich Cleansing Balm – Despite feeling that this product is so so so misleading because of its name, I am completely in love with it! It’s an oil based exfoliator that works beautifully. It’s gritty enough to exfoliate well but the oils mean that it doesn’t feel harsh and it doesn’t irritate my skin. I wouldn’t use this for cleansing because I wouldn’t want it anywhere near my eyes but it’s easily my favourite exfoliator and it smells good enough to eat. I use it 2-3 times per week and would recommend it for any skin type, if you like the consistency and texture of cleansing balms then I guarantee you’ll love this! 


Alpha H Liquid Gold – Alpha H Liquid Gold has probably had the biggest impact on my skin of all the skincare products I own (and believe me, there’s a lot!). It’s a glycolic acid based exfoliating treatment that I apply every second night after cleansing. You pop some onto a cotton pad and sweep it over your face and neck, avoiding your eyes and lips. I found it really weird to begin with that you don’t put anything over it and was worried that my skin wouldn’t be moisturised enough, but I can honestly say that the morning after applying this, my skin is the softest it has ever been. I’ve been using this for the last 4 months or so and there has been a huge reduction in the lines on my forehead and my laughter lines, and my skin overall just looks so much brighter and fresher. It has faded scars from past breakouts and my skin is noticeably less congested than it was before I began using it. Because Liquid Gold is acid based I’d be wary of this if you have sensitive skin but I really cannot rave about it enough.

Clarins Blue Orchid Oil – I’ve always been a huge fan of facial oils and this is my favourite of the lot. It’s aimed at dehydrated skin and using it about 3 times per week has really helped to prevent my skin looking dull. I apply 2-3 drops with my hands all over my face and neck and it sinks in straightaway and doesn’t leave a greasy residue or any shininess. My skin looks plumper the next morning and my foundation always applies so well the morning after using this. I adore the packaging too and the smell is amazing! You only use a tiny amount for each application too so it’s well worth the money.

REN Vita- Mineral Day Cream – For years I thought that a moisturiser was just a moisturiser...until I tried this one from REN. It doesn’t feel greasy at all and there’s no waiting for it to sink in, but it hydrates perfectly and makes my face feel firmer and look brighter. I don’t like the scent of many REN products, but the scent of this isn’t overpowering at all and I knew from the first time I tried this that I’ll be buying it time and time again, it’s definitely the perfect moisturiser for my skin. 

Emma Hardie Moringa Cleansing Balm – I love love love this cleanser! How beautiful is the packaging?! It’s an oil based balm that I use every evening as my second cleanse because it’s so luxurious it feels much more like a treatment than your regular cleanser. You have the option of adding water to this to create a cleansing milk but I much prefer to apply this to a dry face and massage in, and then remove with a wet flannel. It makes my skin feel so clean, and really soft and pampered. It genuinely makes my skin look better than it does after I’ve had a facial! It soothes breakouts and generally just does wonders for my skin, I really can’t recommend it enough. If you don’t like the feel of oils on your face then you definitely won’t like this, but if you do then you need to buy this right now!

Balance Me Rose Otto Intensive Lip Salve – I never used to think of lip balm as a skincare product but when Glamour mag were giving this away with an issue a couple of months ago I couldn’t get over how much I liked it. It smells really strongly of essential oils which is a scent I adore, and it keeps my lips in such good condition. I keep one in my skincare bag so I use it morning and night, and I have another one that I keep in my makeup bag for during the day. My lips used to get quite dry and lipstick didn’t apply very well but I’ve had no problems with that since I started using this. Even though spending £12 on a lip balm is a bit mental...I’d definitely repurchase a million times over.

Thankyou so much to Georgia for letting me guest post on her blog and I hope you’ve all enjoyed reading! 



Georgialoves                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

5 comments :

  1. Woohoo Monday is offically now double Georgia day! :-)
    I'm loving the sound of the blue orchid oil Georgia, and Georgiabee - your guest post is now live on Vanessaeves :-)

    Vanessa x
    www.vanessaeves.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Balance Me products, I found them through the Glamour give-away as well. I like the sound of the cleanser as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I tried the lip balm from the glamour giveaway and loved it! The cleanser looks amazing doesn't it! xx

      Delete
  3. I've heard so much about Balance Me products lately, I definitely need to check them out! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Feel free to tweet me too @georgiabeeee :) x

Share this post