Sunday 21 October 2012

John Frieda Sheer Blonde Campaign!


So a while ago a very nice lady contacted me to ask if I'd like to be part of the John Frieda Sheer Blonde campaign, exciting stuff! I did a post a while back on some hairstyles inspired from the John Frieda Youtube account which you can see here, and today I'll be reviewing the products from the collection that I was so kindly sent!



Lightening Shampoo and Conditioner

If you are a regular reader you may know that I love using Lush Shampoo bars because they have simple ingredients and are natural and I feel like they are good for my hair. So when I saw this set claims to gradually lighten your hair I was anxious about how it would work and if it would damage my ridiculously thin and fine locks! 

John Frieda say:
  • 'Sheer Blonde® Go Blonder Lightening Shampoo gradually lightens blonde hair for a year-round sun-kissed look.
  • The formula, containing a natural Lightening Complex,gently reduces the color pigments in the hair.
  • Gentle enough for daily use.
  • Ammonia and peroxide-free.
  • For all shades of natural, color-treated or highlighted blonde hair'

It also has natural ingredients like Citrus and Chamomile.

I Say:

When checking the ingredients I noticed that Water, Citrus extract and Chamomile extract where quite close to the top of the list (the list is organised by the quantity of the ingredient, so the first on the list is water meaning the product is mostly water.) Which is a plus, but it does contain alcohol which can be damaging to the hair when mixed with heat.

I have been using this shampoo and conditioner combination for a few weeks now and I have to say, any doubts I had about it have gone! It actually is very gentle and hasn't damaged my hair at all. I wash my hair every other day and my hair has definitely been gradually lightened! (Which is fab because I haven't had my highlights done in a while being back at uni and all!) 

It smells lovely and fresh, sort of lemon-y (which makes sense because it has citrus in it!) and it's a bright yellowy creamy shade with shimmery bits in it which is nice!

I'd definitely recommend this for lightening when your roots start to show through or even to brighten up ombre ends!


This was the thing I was most excited to try! I love the Aussie 3 minute miracle and use it all the time so I wanted to see how this compared, as it it specifically for blonde hair!

John Frieda say:

'Intense treatment with patented technology bonds to hair, repairing textural damage. Distressed blonde becomes silky, shiny and supple.'

I say:
I was not disappointed by this product! It smells lovely, similar to the shampoo and conditioner but more floral (I think!) It's really thick and creamy and leaves my hair soooo soft, I'd say it's very similar to the way that Aussie 3 minute miracle leaves my hair. I haven't noticed that it actually repairs the ends of my hair but I've never found anything that has been able to do that. I apply it for 3-4 mins every other time I wash my hair but you can use it as a 15 minute mask as well so perhaps if I had the patience to do that I may notice a bit more repair!

Again I'd recommend this product for anyone with damaged hair from bleaching or heat because it does make it really soft and lovely! I haven't noticed a difference in the fact that it's specifically for blonde hair, but it works regardless!




John Frieda say:
'Style it mild or wild. Separates shapes and adds texture as it infuses blonde highlights with sexy, shimmering shine.'

I Say:
As soon as I saw this I was very excited, it's an amazing shimmery gold balm with actual glittery bits in it! So pretty. It doesn't smell of anything and the consistency is like a kind of more sticky Vaseline (I'm making it sounds lovely, I know!) I have used it after I have curled my hair for a night out a few times and liked it. I don't think it does much for holding the curls, perhaps it would be better for more sleek looks whereas I always wear my hair tousled (a.k.a messy!) But I do like how it adds a bit of shimmer! It's not like a throwback to the glittery hair mascara years (thank god) but it adds a subtle shimmer which makes my hair look shinier and just nicer!


Lightening SprayNow, I feel a bit bad, and I don't want to be at all ungrateful to the lovely people at John Frieda for sending me this, but I have to be honest! I used this spray a few years ago to lighten my hair and it damaged it so badly. I was using too much of it without thinking and it backfired! My already thin hair got even thinner and it wasn't pretty!But my sister has used this before to lighten her hair and hasn't had any problems so I'll give this to her and then it won't be going to waste! 
I hope you have enjoyed this review!
Thanks for reading!
Georgiap.s: Check out my Top 5 Lush products on Vanessa's blog!




4 comments :

  1. great post! i'll be reviewing their repair range soon :)

    from helen at www.thelovecatsinc.com // @thelovecatsinc

    ps. enter my giveaway to win 30 beauty products inc. essie and more! it's worldwide too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, ohh excited to read that too :) xx

      Delete
  2. I really want to try this range!

    Great post. Would you like to follow each other? xx
    just-another-day1.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this review i was about to try the lightening spray but dont think i'll risk it :)

    Lovely blog! Would love if you could check mine out and maybe follow each other  http://champagnelambinibudget.blogspot.co.uk
    I’m also running a giveaway so would love if you could enter! http://champagnelambinibudget.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/models-own-giveaway-in-fuzzy-peach.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Feel free to tweet me too @georgiabeeee :) x

Share this post